Well established fast growth manufacturer in Swansea with an exciting future. Brand new Manufacturing Accountant role providing a much needed link between Operations and Manufacturing. Reporting directly to the Operations Director the key responsibilities are broad and include:
- Costing of BOMs
- Standard costing review
- Production order review and reconciliation
- Investigation of monthly P&L valuation differences (e. stock gains and losses)
- Labour absorption rate maintenance
- Monitoring of high-risk stock locations (e. to cover risk of inaccuracy)
- Consignment stock reconciliation (to customer sales reports) * Intercompany inventory/asset movement reconciliation
- Produce a master monthly stock report, covering:
- Slow moving stock
- Lead times
- Details of overstocked components
- Details of difficult to obtain components
- Involvement in perpetual and year-end inventory counts
- GRNI (Goods Received Not Invoiced) clearing
- GIT (Goods In Transit) reconciliation
- WIP (Work in Progress) clearing
- Audit of MRP (Materials Requirement Planning) /purchasing against existing stock levels
- Review of scrap write-off
- Weekly meeting with Quality department on defective stock and quarantine location activity
- Act as lead for suppler reclaims and associated meetings
- Drive optimisation of Production (& Warehouse if necessary) processes and controls with regards to SAP usage
- Assisting production department with SAP difficulties
- System utilisation - continuous improvement:
- Identify need for, and arrange, training where required
- Look at more efficient ways of using the system for production
- Ensure smooth implementation of hardware upgrades (e. PDAs)
- Optimisation of reports in use
The ideal candidate will have manufacturing accounting/factory accounting experience and experience of the core areas of the role ie costing, stock management, ERP utilisation for management. SAP experience would be beneficial, although not essential; however the successful candidate will need to be system savvy within the context of manufacturing.
You may be a fully qualified Accountant, ideally achieved through the CIMA route, although we are also keen on those who are "qualified by experience." You must be prepared to act as a true business partner between Operations and Finance.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.