An opportunity for a Royalties Assistant has become available at a successful media company.
The role is hybrid - based in Central London 2 days a week, 3 days a week work from home.
The role would suit someone with 3 months to a couple of years experience in royalties.
Essential skills / experience:
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following:
- Have some kind of royalties experience
- Be logical and organised with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Have a methodical, systematic approach
- Hold intermediate Excel skills
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Take a collaborative, team-focused approach
- Skilled in the summary and presentation of data
- Have excellent time management, with the ability to prioritise and to work to deadlines
- Have an understanding of and interest in media
Core responsibilities will include:
- Reconciling the system-generated Producer statement reports against summary reports;
- Tracking adjustments needed / allowable on statements, e. cross recoupment of advances;
- Preparing lists of new titles to report and check key fields on statements for review by Manager;
- Assist in preparing and distributing system-generated and manual statements;
- Produce back-up reports for Producers on Broadcaster, Compact and Little Dot Reporting
- Logging invoices received against statements and preparing printed invoices for sign-off by the Manager;
- Tracking actual royalties reported against forecast by title;
- Developing an understanding of expenses and clearances (including talent and music);
- Assist with reporting to music societies (e. PPL/PRS/Directors UK) and reconciliation of return statements
- Administration and organisation of folders and filing;
- Working on projects related to Producer reporting but offering wider benefits to the business.
- Maintain and consolidate all-time data and reports
You must have intermediate Excel skills - up to pivot table and vlook up level.
If this is the role for you, do not hesitate to apply now!