Head of Finance
Our client is an exciting, design led, clothing brand operating internationally through its own stores, concessions and e-commerce channels. As part of its continuing growth story, the CEO is now looking to hire a Head of Finance to report directly to them managing all financial and accounting activities with responsibility for leading the finance function. The role is truly accountable in nature, commercially broad and will suit an individual who is able to constructively challenge peers, roll their sleeves up and get into the detail, build cross functional relationships and develop the finance function.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Leading and developing the finance function
- Partnering the CEO and senior leadership team
- Lead on management and financial reporting, including statutory reporting and filings
- Manage budgeting process (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash)
- Delivering monthly consolidated management accounts
- Responsible for delivering the audit
- Responsible for the treasury, cash flow forecasting and management
- Providing financial analysis and commercial insight support
- Investment decisions and appraisal
- Financial systems development to support the business and growth
- Creating and reviewing all internal processes and controls to ensure efficiency
- Managing all tax reporting and structuring both locally and internationally
- Driving policy adherence; recommending operational efficiency as well as tracking and implementing solutions
- Ensuring that as the company grows, applicable controls and metrics remain adequate
- Leading a team of 3 (2 full time, 1 part-time)
- Involved with ad-hoc projects assigned by the senior leadership team.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA) with experience at a senior level.
- Strong IT skills
- Previous experience in a scaling business with exposure to the senior team
- Previous experience of international finance would be beneficial,
- Working knowledge of SAGE accounting systems would be beneficial
- Previous experience in Retail would be desirable
- High levels of attention to detail
- Solution focused with real accountability for own actions and agility of thought
- Self-aware with cross functional excellent communication skills and with key stakeholders
- A commercial approach to HR with great relationship building ability
- Ability to constructively challenge peers and senior members of the team
- Hybrid working is in place, though expectation is 4 days per week in the office.
We know that diverse recruitment practices start with us. We encourage and celebrate applicants regardless of race (including colour, nationality and ethnic or national origin), age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, sex, gender reassignment, disability, marital status, pregnancy and maternity or socioeconomic background. We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace by ensuring a diverse pool of talent, eliminating unlawful discrimination and recruiting the best person for each role. We review our practices on equality and diversity regularly.