Finance Director Investments
About Our Client
Our client is part of a highly successful engineering and construction group. A market leading organisation they are continuing to grow and have built an enviable reputation across the sectors they serve.
This is a new and high-profile opportunity to join as Finance Director and take overall responsibility for the financial activities of their investment businesses across the group, which will now be consolidated under the Investments banner and established as a fourth critical arm of the business.
The Group as a whole want to focus and grow investments and the FD will have a critical role to play in the strategy and growth of the investment portfolio. There is significant investment opportunity and hence the decision to appoint the FD to ensure the business is a sustainable growth engine of the Group.
This is a new and high-profile Finance Director opportunity for Investments and will have overall responsibility for the financial activities of the Group's investment businesses. You will lead the finance elements of the growth agenda, delivery of financial plans (profit and cash) and oversight of financial risk across the investment portfolio.
The role will serve as the business partner and strategic advisor to the MD for Investments, who you will have a direct reporting line into, as well as a functional reporting line to the Group CFO. Supporting the MD for Investments you will help to shape the long-term strategy and development of the business providing the right level of challenge, analysis and thought leadership. This role will also be an integral part of the Group Finance Team, interacting with other Divisional FDs and the Group CFO. You will provide leadership on finance and activities undertaken across all investment's businesses -
- Lead as a member of the Investment Board across all Investment businesses
- Developing actionable strategic plans, budgets, and forecasts
- Involvement in significant bids and driving organic growth
- Analysis to support the investments management in all decisions
- Ensuring the performance of the Investments businesses, delivering the financial targets including growth, profit, cash, budgets, and resource utilisation
- Leading the evaluation of risk and reward for new business, promoting commercial innovation, successful pricing, and risk mitigation activities
- Identify ways to minimise financial risk, manage costs and maximise output
- To be the custodian of statutory and regulatory financial requirements and to ensure the appropriate level of awareness in all areas of the Investment businesses
- Ensuring appropriate financial control and governance
- For this Finance Director opportunity, you will be a qualified (ACA, ACMA or equivalent) and experienced Finance Director, ideally with experience in a medium sized organisation
- Asset investment experience is essential and the associated senior financial activities. You must understand finance from an asset investment perspective
- You must demonstrate a good understanding of the different types of asset financing, and have experience of raising external finance
- Strategy and planning experience within investments and excellent financial forecasting experience are essential
- Experience of operating at board level and a good ability to influence Executive teams
- An implicit understanding of how to construct and maintain management information and reporting across investment activities and asset management practices, including financial modelling of asset investments
- Experience of preparing investment appraisals
- The ability to present and interpret financial information to a range of stakeholders
- Experience of managing a finance team
This is an exceptional opportunity to help shape the future direction of a successful and growing organisation. They are flexible on your main office location across their UK office network, and in return some flexibility to travel will be required
What is on Offer
Excellent Six Figure Basic Salary, 50% Bonus, Car and Attractive Benefits Package
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religion, education, socioeconomic background, disability or sexual orientation to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.