SF Recruitment are recruiting for a fantastic opportunity in Derby for an experienced Sales Ledger Accounts Assistant to join a small, close-knit finance team.
This position is an essential role in a company's accounting department. The accounting team is responsible for maintaining an efficient, organised and accurate finance function for the business and Sales Ledger Accounts Assistant is responsible for assisting with a variety of day-to-day financial operations within the sales ledger and credit control function.
The Accounts Assistant will typically report into the Financial Controller and the role will include helping with the monthly reporting of Sales Ledger and debt position.
An Accounts Assistant will normally be expected to undertake a broad range of duties and responsibilities, which can include:
- Raising customer invoices and applications
- Processing Customer receipts and updating relevant records
- Maintaining spreadsheets for the department
- Weekly reports for receipts
- Weekly invoicing reports and working to establish billing due
- Preparation of monthly reports for sales ledger
- Taking a proactive role in managing and collecting debts of company debtors
- Evaluating new credit requests and reviewing customers' credit rankings with banks
- Setting up of terms and conditions of credit
- Ensuring timely payment of debts
- Following up payments as needed
- Responding to relevant client enquiries
- Debtors reconciliation of ledgers
- Checking and posting of receipts to accounting systems
- Preparation of statements, client status reports and all relevant information as required
- Managing sales ledger
- Providing administrative support to the team
The Ideal candidate:
- Sage experience
- Construction industry knowledge , understanding of applications
- Outstanding attention to detail with an ability to reconcile complex accounts
- Accurate, efficient and organised with the ability to prioritise tasks as needed
- Enthusiastic, committed and a fast learner with previous experience of a busy environment
- Ability to work with individuals across departments and liaise with external customers and contacts
- Solid organisational skills and the ability to prioritise a varied workload
This is an excellent, varied opportunity for someone with at least 2 years + in Accounts looking for their next role in an SME business.