- Hays Accountancy and Finance
- £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
- 10 Jan 2023
- 07 Feb 2023
- Jacquelyn Jones
- Job Title
- Management Accountant
- Experience Levels
- Part Qualified
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Management Accountant | Independent Construction Business | Homeworking | Salary £30,000.00 - £35,000.00 per annum
A rare opening within a highly sought-after growing company, for a new Management Accountant, to join their ranks; further your financial career in the Construction sector, working with and learning from the best.
Your new company:
An independent growing family-run business that is known in the construction sector supporting both members of the public and the trade.
Your new role:
The firm is currently looking to appoint a confident and experienced Management Accountant to join their collaborative team, working under an experienced Financial Controller. Responsibilities will include:
- Cross-checking all purchase ledger invoices against original purchase orders and proof of Delivery.
- Cross-checking that sales invoices are being brought through correctly and that values, payment due dates and sales descriptions are accurate.
- Credit control - contacting customers asking to confirm their payment dates. Highlighting any overdue customers to the MD and agreeing on a plan of action.
- Opening new credit accounts via cross-checks with credit checking agencies and operating within the Groups Credit Terms and Insurance Policy.
- Collating and agreeing on monthly payment runs to suppliers.
- Daily check of the bank account and updating customers' accounts with payments made as well as allocating all other amounts.
- Weekly bank reconciliation.
- Running of a cash flow forecast for senior management
- Accruals for rent, utilities, rates, cost of sale some self-billed income etc.
- Posting of Salary, NI and Pension costs to relevant nominals.
- Fixed Asset Register (Spreadsheet based) for 13 company vehicles.
- Posting of finance cost and depreciation journals.
- Production of monthly management accounts on Intact. Will involve transactional analysis to ensure all postings are correct but only on a limited number of lines due to the current streamlined company.
- Quarterly VAT preferable but not essential.
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis to senior management
- Margin and customer analysis.
What you'll need to succeed:
- The ideal person will be part-qualified ACCA, CIMA, or AAT Qualified with a minimum of 3 years of experience in finance.
- It is essential that you are confident working on MS Excel, has good communication skills, and enjoy working with others.
What you'll get in return:
- Alongside a rewarding benefits package and flexible working options, this growing business is offering the opportunity for someone to step into a position that will grow in time, in line with the expected company growth.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.