Divisional Financial Controller
- Compliance Group Limited
- Grantham, Lincolnshire
- Competitive Salary
- 11 Jan 2023
- 08 Feb 2023
- Job Title
- Financial Controller
- Business Services, Consultancy Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Divisional Financial Controller
Compliance Group are an exciting new business with PE investment who are seeking a high calibre Divisional Financial Controller with a strong technical background and high ambitions to join their team.
The role reports directly to the Group Financial Controller and will hold senior relationships within the group and externally. The business is growing at pace, this role will currently be responsible for one division which contains 3 subsidiary businesses as part of the wider group. There is an aggressive M&A strategy in place which is expected to grow the division from £8-10m turnover in Dec 22 to >£45m turnover in 2026. The Group has acquired 4 businesses in the last 8 months, including 2 in this division, and turnover is expected to grow to >£135m in 5 years. This will present opportunities for personal progression and development.
Divisional Financial Controller Role Description
- Manage the accounting functions for the division, across different sites – occasional travel required, but flexibility as to when and where.
- Take full responsibility for the Financial Controls and Processes as well as the balance sheet, management accounts and financial accounts.
- Responsible for all the divisional Management Information, including Analysis and monthly/weekly reporting to the Group, Board and Investors
- In-depth Cash flow forecasting and close management of cash flows
- Preparing statutory accounts, working with external advisors and implementing recommendations
- Responsible for onboarding new subsidiaries within the division as they are acquired (expecting 2-3 per year). This includes implementation of accounting policies and processes and possible change of systems
- Driving performance and continual improvement
- Manage the accounting systems, including identifying system improvements that can help to refine financial processes, whilst also making sure that the integrity of that information is of paramount importance
- Responsible for the tax requirements of the division with support from external advisers, including VAT, payroll and corporation taxes.
Divisional Financial Controller Key Requirements
- You will be Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), you may have qualified within a top 20 practice firm and moved into industry, or have qualified in industry.
- Confident of working in a fast paced business and thrive on making decisions, improvements to both processes and team capabilities.
- Experience of developing and delivering is essential
- Solutions focused and see opportunity rather than issues
- Experience of working through difficult situations and improving business capability
- Capable of managing multiple businesses and sites
- Practical, hands on experience of managing and recommending financial controls/processes
- Able to influence and deliver positive change in the organisation
If this Divisional Financial Controller position looks right for you, please apply below now.