- Hays Accountancy and Finance
- England, Kent, Maidstone
- £55000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
- 11 Jan 2023
- 08 Feb 2023
- Mark Jordan
- Job Title
- Financial Controller
- Experience Levels
- Qualified Accountant
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Mid Kent based client seeking an experienced and qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) Financial Controller - c£60,000
Your new company
Are you an experienced Senior Finance Manager / Financial Controller seeking a new and challenging opportunity.
Your new role
To oversee the day-to-day management of the activities of the operational finance team to ensure complete and accurate financial records are kept for the business, and the delivery of complete, accurate and timely financial reports and returns to meet statutory, regulatory and executive deadlines.
- To lead and manage the finance transactional team, which includes: Revenue, Payable, and Treasury.
- To manage, plan, prioritise and monitor the workload of staff, ensuring that they carry out their duties effectively and efficiently both individually and as a team.
- Lead the preparation of the statutory accounts for the business and its subsidiary companies
- Responsible for the internal control environment. Monitoring the completion of monthly reconciliations of all bank accounts, balance sheet control accounts, authorisation of journals etc
- Ownership of the cashflow forecasting and responsible for corporation tax and VAT matters and in ensuring that all regulatory, statistical and compliance returns are submitted on time.
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to be an accomplished senior finance professional with a relevant financial qualification such as ACA, ACCA or CIMA. You will need to demonstrate prior experience of leading and managing a small to mid-size team in a busy environment. As well as experience of managing end to end operational / transactional finance functions including; Statutory Accounting, Management Accounting, Budgeting and Forecasting, Taxation and VAT. The ability to engage with all level of stakeholder included non-financial colleagues is a must as is the ability to constructively challenge processes for the betterment of the organisation.
What you'll get in return
A salary of up to c£60,000 plus a range of attractive benefits and a healthy level of flexible / remote working.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.