West Ealing, London
Up to £40,000 + Generous Pension Scheme
A rare opening at Plasser UK, a market-leading railway engineering business are now seeking a Part Qualified Assistant Accountant to join their ranks; this role offers the successful candidate the chance to further their financial career, working with and learning from the best. The role will see the successful candidate assist the Financial / Operations Accountant with in-month, month-end, and year-end duties relating to the management and running of a small Accounts department on an accurate and timely manner.
Plasser UK is a subsidiary of the Plasser & Theurer Group of companies specialising in the design, manufacture, repair, and maintenance of railway machinery. With over 3,000 staff worldwide and operating in over 20 countries, we are considered leaders within this very niche industry.
Your responsibilities will include:
This Assistant Accountant position will be responsible for several In-month, Month-end, and Year-end tasks. Below are some of the key responsibilities, but for a more exhaustive list, please see the attached Job Specification.
- Preparing, reconciling, and submitting UK and Eire VAT Returns
- Preparing and submitting government surveys
- General Ledger/Credit Control/vendor accounts work
- To carry out month-end closure routine and assist in the production of monthly management accounts
- To prepare and update prepayment/ accruals schedules and update fixed assets schedules
- To run month-end stock and Work-In-Progress routines and reconciliation
- To carry out all balance sheet and control account reconciliations
- To assist with the preparation of the company’s statutory accounts
- To assist with the preparation of all supporting working papers and schedules for year-end audit purposes
- To assist with the analysis and schedules for Corporation Tax purposes
To succeed in this Assistant Accountant, you'll be a Part Qualified ACCA (or equivalent) accountant, with a good basic knowledge of accounting. You will also have Management/ statutory accounts knowledge, whilst knowledge of Corporation Tax, Eire VAT and Up-to-date knowledge of UK FRS are all desirable.
- At least two years accounting experience
- Experience of sales ledger, purchase ledger, and bank reconciliation
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Experience working with multi-currencies
- Experience of MS Navision
- Dealing with the company’s auditors
For an exhaustive look at all the responsibilities and experience required for this Assistant Accountant role, please see the attached Job Specification.
- Ability to integrate and thrive within current small Accounts team
- Accurate and has an eye for detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Self-motivated with ability to prioritise
Mon - Thurs 8am to 4:45pm, Fri 8am to 12noon.
If this Assistant Accountant role looks right for you, please apply now to be considered for the position.