- Hays Accountancy and Finance
- £50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
- 12 Jan 2023
- 09 Feb 2023
- Owen Philp
- Job Title
- Financial Accountant
- Contract Type
- Full Time
A permanent Financial Accountant job paying up to £55k for a large service business based in Worcester.
£50,000-£55,000 per annum
Your new company
Hays Senior Finance are delighted to be supporting an excellent service business in Worcester with the recruitment of a Financial Accountant on a permanent basis.
Our client has experienced tremendous growth over the years and are now regarded as one of the most reputable firms in the country.
Your new role
Reporting into the Finance Director, you will be a key member of the finance team and ensure that the firm and its partners meet their statutory financial responsibilities.
- Responsibility for the organisation's tax compliance to include VAT, Corporation Tax, PAYE/NIC and SA Tax
- Responsibility for the organisation's year-end and month-end processes
- Production of year-end accounts for FD review and audit
- Production of monthly balance sheet reconciliations and relevant follow up actions
- Responsibility for the partner's profit share allocations and drawings payments
- Co-ordinate and manage the year-end audit
- Deal with financial compliance issues
- Responsibility for planning and reporting accurately on projects and business plans
- Produce accounts for associated companies
- Management and development of an Assistant Accountant
What you'll need to succeed
- ACA/ACCA qualified with strong technical accounting skills
- Suitable for a practice-trained Accountant seeking their first move into industry
- Knowledge of partnership/LLP accounts (highly desirable)
- Excellent understanding of key day-to-day financial processes including fixed assets, balance sheet and tax
- Previous legal experience beneficial but not essential
- Be comfortable managing, supervising and developing junior staff
What you'll get in return
In return, you will receive a competitive salary of up to £55,000 per annum (depending on experience) and the chance to work for a forward-thinking regional business with operations across the UK. You'll work under a very strong and supportive Manager who will be keen to help develop your skills and career. An attractive benefits package is also on offer which includes 27 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays), support staff bonus scheme, pension scheme, life assurance as well as access to a portal offering a range of perks and discounts. Although there is an expectation for you to be office-based initially, there is scope for hybrid working.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.