- Oxford Bus Company
- £100,000 - £120,000 + up to 26% bonus + pension + free travel
- 17 Jan 2023
- 14 Feb 2023
- Oxford Bus Company .
- Job Title
- Finance Director
- Transport / Logistics, Travel / Tourism
- Experience Levels
- Contract Type
- Full Time
£100,000 - £120,000 + up to 26% bonus + pension + free travel
About the Finance Director role:
- Due to internal promotion, there is a vacancy for a new Finance Director to be based in Oxford who will be a key member of the Board. Reporting to the MD, you will act as the financial conscience for the business, providing leadership for the finance function, and managing the provision of high quality commercial and financial analytical insight.
- You will have full P&L responsibility and will be expected to identify opportunities to improve revenue and business profitability.
Key responsibilities of the Finance Director will include:
- Ensuring a high standard of financial control is exercised at all times, and that key internal and external financial reporting deadlines are met, as well as ensuring the finance function continues to act as a partner to the business, supporting and participating in decision making to support business strategies.
- You will understand the business, the marketplaces in which it operates and assist in developing business strategy to take advantage of the opportunities that exist, alongside working closely with local management, providing a combination of financial and strategic challenge alongside support and new ideas.
- External relationship management with customers, suppliers and auditors to support the success of the business will be an integral part of the role, as will managing the financial elements of the strategic plan, including annual budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Most importantly you will pro-actively identify areas where potential cost savings or efficiencies could be made and help the business to deliver these as well as ensuring working capital is controlled effectively.
- As Finance Director you will support the MD in financial analysis of potential acquisition targets, contract tenders and other new business opportunities.
The successful Finance Director will be:
- A Qualified Accountant with previous experience in leading finance teams, skilled in designing, implementing and improving financial controls and have demonstrable commercial experience, ideally gained in a customer-focused business (i.e. retail, FMCG, hospitality / leisure or transport).
- You will have a track record in contributing to the development of an organisation’s growth strategy through effective development of business relationships and have a positive, self-motivated and driven character with a clear desire to succeed.
- With a strategic, analytical mind and high energy levels you will be flexible and comfortable in a rapidly changing environment, and have a down-to-earth, hands-on and non-ostentatious approach.
About Oxford Bus Company:
- Oxford Bus Company and its associated companies Thames Travel, Carousel Buses and City Sightseeing Oxford operate 270 buses and coaches in Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire and surrounding counties, and to Heathrow and Gatwick airports.
- The business turnover is around £55m, and it is part of the Go-Ahead Group, one of the “big 5” public transport operators in the UK.
- Providing services to the general public, local authorities, as well as several large blue chip corporate customers such as Oxford Brookes University, Oxford University, MEPC plc, Belmond Hotels and Value Retail plc, the company is currently leading on the decarbonisation of Oxford’s transport system, with a major investment in over 100 new electric buses planned to be delivered over 2023 and 2024.
If you have a high degree of commercial acumen this is an exciting opportunity to join the business as Finance Director and play a key role in its success.