- G DOC LTD
- Gloucester, Gloucestershire
- Salary up to £65k dependent on experience + Benefits (could be flexed for the right candidate)
- 24 Jan 2023
- 14 Feb 2023
- Job Title
- Finance Manager
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Salary up to £65k dependent on experience + Benefits (could be flexed for the right candidate)
G DOC LTD is the GP provider organisation for Gloucestershire. We are a membership organisation: all GP practices in Gloucestershire are shareholders. Our mission is to strengthen general practice by delivering safe, high quality, and innovative primary care.
G DOC works with GPs across the county, to ensure general practice is sustainable and responsive to local needs.
Purpose of the Finance Manager role:
We are currently going through an exciting period of growth and change and are looking for a Finance Manager to lead our expanding finance team and to further develop and oversee our management accounting, financial planning, analysing and reporting.
The Finance Manager should have broad experience gained from a variety of different sized businesses in a management role. The postholder will play a key role in the senior management team, supplying financial information to the Chief Operating Officer and the Board to enable them to deliver the organisation’s objectives.
Key Attributes Required for this Finance Manager role:
- CCAB/CIMA qualification with a sound knowledge and experience of statutory frameworks and a good understanding of accounting principles and techniques and the ability to put these into practice.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate specialist financial advice and guidance to non-finance colleagues, management teams and external funders and stakeholders.
- Ability to lead and inspire and work as part of a team.
- Skills and experience to take a step back and question what you and the wider team are doing; striving for continuous improvement in processes, approach and outputs.
- Ability to work in an agile and flexible way, dealing with a rapidly changing environment, shifting priorities and multi-tasking effectively.
- Excellent Excel skills, with the ability to handle large volumes of data, demonstrating a real understanding of data and the importance of robust financial data and controls.
- Ready to take on new challenges and grow within the business, with the desire to use your skills and experience to help to improve patient outcomes, especially health inequalities.
Responsibilities of the Finance Manager:
- Manage the core finance processes including Accounts Receivable, Payable, VAT and Payroll (including pensions and PAYE) and oversee key monthly reconciliation processes.
- Manage daily accounting, tax and financial reporting operations including improving controls, processes and systems as the business continues to scale.
- Lead the finance team to set and review annual budgets, future capital expenditure budgets/proposals and ensure compliance with the organisations financial regulations, working with the Chief Operating Officer.
- Deliver accurate, timely and appropriate financial reports to internal and external stakeholders, including lenders, and Board members.
- Lead on costing for projects and contracts to ensure that these are financially viable and make appropriate recommendations.
- Monitor and report on performance against contracts taking timely action to deal with variances.
- Provide analysis, expertise to support long term strategy development, supporting timely financial decision making while progressing the finance strategy and priorities.
- Manage cash flow and bank balances.
The role will be based at our newly built, bespoke offices in central Gloucester, with occasional travel to other sites in Gloucestershire.
We offer some flexibility about hours, with a minimum of 35 per week up to whole-time equivalent (37.5). Provided that you make yourself available to attend meetings and to achieve reporting deadlines etc, working hours can be flexed, to suit family or other commitments.
Salary up to £65k dependent on experience. The salary could be flexed for the right candidate. The role is eligible for the NHS pension scheme, with an employer contribution of 20.6%. Paid annual leave of 25 days per annum plus 8 days of bank holidays (pro-rata if part-time).
You will be required to be immunised in compliance with Green Book and NHS recommendations for your role (unless medically exempt), including immunisations against Covid.
We welcome applications from outside the healthcare sector. We are proud of our track record of employing talented staff from other sectors.
To arrange an informal discussion with the current postholder, please email email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 14 February 2023
Interview Dates: 28 February & 1 March 2023
For full details and to apply visit: https://www.jobs.nhs.uk
NHS Jobs reference: J180-A0782-23-2083