General Ledger Accountant
- Hays Accountancy and Finance
- £175.00 - £200.00 per day
- 18 Jan 2023
- 15 Feb 2023
- Joshua Steele
- Job Title
- Financial Accountant
- IT/ Telecoms
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Immediate start for General Ledger Accountant 2 days per week in Loughborough £175-£200 per day
Your new company
You will be working in a large technology company based in Loughborough, very fast paced environment with the company growing at speed
Your new role
You will be working as a General Ledger Accountant on a hybrid pattern working two days per week in the office and three from home. This is required for a period of circa 3 months
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a qualified accountant with at least 3 years PQE. Self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced evolving environment Main duties include:-
- Own key month end processes and ensure that they are delivered on time
- Managing accruals, prepayments and provisions across the group, ensuring appropriate visibility of obligations and cross-check of different processes (i. P and Invoice received but not processed accruals).
- Review and sign off Balance sheet reconciliations and ensuring unreconciled balances have a suitable course of remediation action.
- Review and approve journals at month end
- Ensure the timely and accurate recharge of costs between entities/departments in line with the intercompany agreement/policy
- Review of exceptional costs in line with policy and reclassing where appropriate
- Partner with the business to ensure the timely provision of information
- Provide support to the Senior Financial Accountant and carry out any other ad hoc tasks as required
- Assist in the consolidation of the group accounts including working with colleagues in other regions (EMEA,APAC and Americas)
- Working with colleagues in the acquisition accounting team to ensure that newly acquired subsidiaries and hived entities are accounted for correctly.
- Preparation of UK VAT return and reconciliation
- Provide ad-hoc analysis as required
What you'll get in return
Offering a day rate of between £175-£200 per day via an umbrella company
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.