Financial Controller / FD Designate
- Join a growing SME business and play a key role in future strategy and expansion
- Opportunity to progress to Finance Director
About Our Client
Established over 20 years ago, OTL was created to support retailers and wholesalers who want discount range solutions. Today, our extensive customer base spans across the UK and EU, with several multi-national retailers amongst those that we are proud to call our partners. We employ people globally and have dedicated bases in the UK, China, and Poland.
We are customer focussed sourcing experts, innovators, and creative problem solvers. We think outside the box, about what goes inside the box to help our partners save time and sell more. Our product range is varied, and our sourcing ability is extraordinary.
We are looking for a motivated, self-starter who excels in an entrepreneurially minded business. The ideal candidate is someone who loves diving into the detail to maximise financial performance and who has the ability to give added value insight to the business on the numbers that are being reported on.
Ideally the candidate would be Degree educated and hold a full Finance qualification (CIMA, ACA, ACCA), QBE candidates may also be considered based on experience.
- Managing the finance department, accounts payable/ receivable, payroll, and team of 3 Management Accountants.
- Develop a high-performance Finance Team through team management, processes, and controls
- Managing risk, ensuring compliance whilst focusing on accuracy and efficiency.
- Support the Management Accountants in producing Monthly Management Accounts in line with deadlines.
- Statutory reporting, responsible for meeting reporting deadlines, including HMRC, ONS, Companies House, Annual Audit and Pension Scheme reporting.
- Balance Sheet control accounts and review.
- Identify and implement cost saving initiatives and controls within Finance and the wider business.
- Provide added-value and commercial insight to the business alongside key financial reports.
- Identify and manage any grant opportunities that are available to the business.
- Support the Finance Director.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a retail/ discounting environment however other, relevant sector backgrounds will also be considered.
The ideal candidate has the following Qualifications/ Skills:
- Degree Educated
- Large ERP systems experience - ideally Microsoft Navision.
- Team management
- Strong commercial acumen
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Results oriented
- Team worker, energetic, with enthusiastic personality
What's on Offer
OTL are excited to offer a generous salary for this role, alongside the rare opportunity for your role to progress in to the FD role in time. You will work alongside a high performing and ambitious Senior Management team and have an opportunity to add value to this already successful and growing business. A high trust working culture is offered, with flexibility to work from home 2 days per week.
Closing Date: 28/02/23
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPGWJN -012023-5910319Z