Head of Finance
- EPIC Risk Management
- Greater Manchester
- A competitive salary ranging from £45,000 ––£60,000 per annum + benefits
- 25 Jan 2023
- 22 Feb 2023
- Job Title
- Head of Finance
- Consultancy Services
- Experience Levels
- Qualified Accountant
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Head of Finance
A competitive salary ranging from £45,000 ––£60,000 per annum + benefits
EPIC Risk Management (EPIC) is a globally leading independent gambling harm minimisation consultancy. EPIC raises awareness of gambling-related harm in order to identify and mitigate the human, financial, brand and reputational risks that problem gambling can create. We have recently been voted 12th in the Top 100 SME businesses in the UK: https://elitebusinessmagazine.co.uk/business-directory/epic-risk-management
About the Head of Finance role:
Reporting to the CEO and Board, the Head of Finance will oversee all the financial activities of the business. You will be responsible for managing, controlling and reporting of all financial tasks.
Demonstrating excellent leadership qualities, you will use your experience in modelling financial strategies to maintain the finances of the organisation effectively whilst also creating an environment of continuous improvement.
The Head of Finance will:
- Play a key role in the formulation of the business's strategy, provide strategic advice and guidance to ensure EPIC’s financial commitments are met.
- Preparation of all monthly financial reports (P&L, balance sheet, cashflow forecast) across each of the four companies (two trading).
- Ensuring the correct accounting procedures are in place, and that financial information is available for our business growth projections, including optimal general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and cash management.
- Monthly amalgamation of the UK and US financials to provide a holistic view of EPIC Risk Management’s financial position.
- Understand and work with US finance advisors with a view to understanding US financial regulation.
- Ensure all accounting activities comply with financial regulations, both in the UK and US.
- Preparation and submission of end of year accounts for EPIC and any subsidiaries working with our accounting partners.
- Management and oversight of the taxation affairs of the organisation, whilst also maximising tax credits such as Research and Development (R&D) relief.
- Ensuring adequate financial controls are in place across the business. Identifying and implementing additional processes where necessary.
- Risk Management to ensure the business has a solid financial risk framework in place.
- Budget preparation including overseeing both production and distribution of budgets to pillar heads and ensuring accuracy & goal congruence across the group.
- Track and report the profitability of each programme and analyse future contract strategies.
- Overarching role in improving financial results of the company through strong cost control & achieving efficiencies wherever possible.
- Management of the cash flow, including the creation and analysis of the business cashflow forecast.
- Management of payroll, PAYE and the company pension scheme.
- Monitor and reconcile the company credit cards and staff issued PLEO/Soldo accounts ensuring adherence to the expense policy.
Benefits available to our Head of Finance:
- Health insurance
- Life assurance
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- Day off for your birthday, well-being day and voluntary work
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Financial Assistance with BIPPIT
- Pension scheme
- Regular socials
- Perks discounts
- Development support
- 25 days leave plus bank holidays
You will be fully CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualified with experience of working as a Head of Finance or a similar position. You will be people-driven and team-oriented, with the ability to nurture a strong team spirit
You will have strong international exposure in the business service sector (or similar industry), within a similar size or bigger multinational company
If this head of Finance role looks right for you, please apply below now to be considered for the position.