- Anglia Ruskin University
- Chelmsford - hybrid / remote options
- Up to c£70,000 (for an exceptional candidate) + benefits + hybrid/remote options
- 25 Jan 2023
- 22 Feb 2023
- Anglia Ruskin University
- Job Title
- Education / Training, Public Sector
- Experience Levels
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Senior Payroll and Pensions Manager (Mat cover 12 months)
Up to c£70,000 (for an exceptional candidate) + benefits + hybrid/remote options
Hays Senior Finance is proud to be working in partnership with ARU who are a global university transforming lives through innovative, inclusive and entrepreneurial education and research. They are ranked in the world’s top 350 HEIs in the 2021 Times Higher Education World University Rankings and in the top ten mainstream universities in the country for the proportion of UK undergraduates in employment 15 months after graduating. They have campuses in Cambridge, Chelmsford, London and Peterborough with around 2,500 staff and 35,000 students from 180 countries. With a focussed civic mission, we are committed to working with others through education, research and knowledge exchange to enhance the economic, cultural and social wellbeing of the communities in which they work and live.
About the Payroll Manager job:
- This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Payroll and Pensions Manager to join their busy and highly effective HR team for a maternity contract of 12 months.
- You will manage a team of 5 and be responsible for the delivery of a comprehensive payroll and pension service, ensuring timely payments, legal compliance and excellent customer service.
- Acting as the University's specialist in all matters related to payroll and pensions, you’ll have responsibility for delivering the service in line with internal and external requirements.
To be considered for this Payroll Manager job:
- Previous experience of working within the HE, NHS or the public sector is highly desirable.
- You will have either a degree or a professional qualification plus demonstrable professional experience within Payroll and Pensions.
- You’ll have a “can do attitude” as well as substantial experience of managing payroll including in-depth knowledge of RTI, auto-enrolment, PAYE and other payroll functions.
- You should also have a good working knowledge of pension schemes and ideally experience and/or knowledge of LGPS, TPS, NEST and NHS schemes.
- You will also be an expert Excel user and have proven experience of managing, leading a team and motivating staff.
Benefits of this Payroll Manager role:
- They have an agile working culture and offer an extensive range of benefits including generous holiday entitlement, occupational pension schemes, training and development opportunities, travel to work scheme and so on.
- This role will be based in their Chelmsford campus and expectations are to be in the office 1 or 2 days a week.
- They will pay up to c£70,000 for an exceptional candidate who can demonstrate they have all the skills and experience required.
They are committed to safeguarding and promoting welfare of their staff and students and expect all staff to share this commitment.
They value diversity at ARU and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This is an immediate start so early applications are encouraged.