- The Accountancy Recruitment Group
- South Yorkshire
- £45,000 - £55,000
- 27 Jan 2023
- 03 Feb 2023
- Job Title
- Financial Controller
- Construction, Property / Housing
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Financial Controller/ Company Accountant | South Yorkshire | £45,000 - £55,000
Are you excited by the autonomy and variety of an agile SME?
Is a professional but down to earth owner-managed SME your happy place?
You’ll be the primary finance contact for the business, working in a standalone capacity – responsible for end to end financial management and reporting for the group.
It’s well established and there’s plenty going on – it’s a growing group with an entrepreneurial, aspirational but realistic owner.
- Your remit is hands on, sleeves up to the elbow accounting and financial control for all areas of the group.
- Month end close, VAT returns, management accounts prep, balance sheet recs, P&L analysis, budgets, forecasts, intercompany reconciliation, bank recs…
- You’ll be working directly for the owners in a visible and pivotal role. They will hugely appreciate your financial insights and are happy for you to have the freedom to implement robust controls and develop reporting as you see fit.
- You need to be someone who loves an end to end accounting role in an SME. It’s a modern close knit setting – you’ll be taking work from the external accountants and bringing controls and reporting in house (using Xero).
- Hybrid working (2-3 days per week in the office).
If you want to manage a team of 20 and spend most of your time in the boardroom reviewing the packs then this isn’t for you! This is in the thick of the action, pulling together and presenting numbers that you have complete confidence in. Authorising payments, completing the Vat return, delivering the management accounts, managing and forecasting cashflow, ensuring the balance sheet has complete integrity, being confident in the accuracy of the bank. End to end hugely valuable company accounting.
- Previous experience as Financial Controller / Company Accountant within a professional and reasonably complex SME (ideally a small group with intercompany transactions).
- To be confident managing all aspects of the financial reporting and control for the owners of the group.
- Ability to enhance controls and develop efficient systems and processes (bringing accounting in house to ensure the directors have credible and real time management accounts packs).
- A hands on approach – being comfortable with the bookkeeping elements (authorising payments, reconciling the bank etc.)
- To be someone loyal looking for a long term move within a stable and growing owner-driven SME.
If you would like to be considered for the Financial Controller role in South Yorkshire, please click 'apply now' or contact our team direct.