Salary: Executive Package
- Key Leadership role for a pre commercial Life Sciences Business
- Executive Board role
About Our Client
Our client is a pre revenue, R&D business, spearheading the development of new technologies that will have a global impact.
- With the CEO and Senior Leadership Team, determining and driving company's strategic financial development, including fundraising and growth activities (M&A).
- Overseeing and ensuring delivery of accounting best practices within all relevant activities undertaken by the Company, including managing its external accounting service providers.
- Overseeing external auditors and developing periodical financial reports in support of the efficient management of the company's operations.
- Collaborating with the management team and Board of Directors to anticipate the company's financial needs required to effectively meet its strategic objectives. Establish and maintain budgetary discipline.
- Establish key financial controls with the company to monitor spend activities and maintain compliance and segregation of duties.
- Support the organisation by developing adequate tools to monitor progress in R&D projects / collaborations / work performed.
- Support, control and evaluate the organization's fundraising plans and capital structure.
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organization's operations.
- Prepare reliable current and forecasting reports / budget / plans.
- Set up and oversee the company's finance IT system (including automation where possible in accounting processes).
- Ensure compliance with the law and company's policies.
- Manage team of Financial Controller and other finance staff.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have a strong track record in a similar CFO/VP Finance role, ideally in a growing small-midsized company, ideally within the BioTech, Lifesciences or Agribusiness industries. You will have demonstrable accomplishment in leading/supporting growth companies through major financial events, including significant fundraising campaigns, IPOs and M&A activity.
You will have strong Strategic capability and able to bring broad strategic thinking to the Senior Management Team with the capability to identify and drive the strategic direction. Experience of continuous process improvement and identifying inefficiencies would be desirable as well as the ability to add value through establishing key financial controls.
You will be a collaborative team player with the expertise to drive the business development. The role would suit a candidate who is looking to part of the next growth phase of this exciting Biotech business working alongside a fast paced and dynamic team.
What's on Offer
Closing Date: 30/03/23
Ref Code: MPGW0220235937713Z
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Page Executive.