Head of Finance
Based near Liverpool Street Station / Hybrid working 2-3 days in the office
£70,000 - £80,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Integrity and Accountability | Collaboration | Sense of Humour and Perspective | Courage
We are a boutique consultancy with a steep growth trajectory over the next five years, and as we continue to grow, our principles and values remain at the forefront of everything we do. You will not see them written on big posters on the wall, but you will experience them through the people you work with. We take pride in being consistent and transparent in striving to ensure that anyone who joins Moorhouse shares these values and has the integrity, humility, and confidence to be part of the Moorhouse team. We love our people and are confident you will too.
To support future growth, the Finance Team is evolving. We have fantastic opportunities for talented people who share our ethos, values, and ways of working.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Finance professional to work as the Head of Finance. Reporting to the Finance Director, you will manage a team of three (which is likely to grow) and have access to an off shore service centre. This new role is an exciting opportunity to help continue the growth and success of the firm.
- Partnering with senior stakeholders to support robust commercial processes and improve margins through the provision of business analysis to support decision making.
- Managing the month end process including reporting data to Group (Expleo, our Partner company)
- Managing the quarterly budgeting and forecasting process.
- Fulfil statutory reporting requirements including audit and annual accounts preparation.
- Ensuring effective credit control and cashflow forecasting.
- Designing a scalable operating model for the finance team by working with the team to identify efficiencies and focus on value-add activities.
- Building a high-performing Finance operations team through coaching and performance management including regular feedback, career development, on-the-job learning, and help accessing appropriate development training.
- This is varied role which will see you deputise for the Finance Director at Partner level whilst also being prepared to roll up your sleeves to work alongside the team in support of their responsibilities
To be successful in this role, you will need to be:
- Qualified accountant with minimum 6 years post qualification experience, at least 2 years should be in a professional services environment.
- Highly proficient with Excel, including financial modelling capability. Experience with PowerBi would be an additional advantage.
- Familiarity with Salesforce would be advantageous but not essential.
- A self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can handle multiple inputs across different areas of the business.
- Confident in taking the initiative and communicating with senior stakeholders.
- A determined problem solver with an eye for process and operational improvement.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on leading a small team, through direction, coaching and mentoring, whilst ensuring that their development needs are also provided for.
Package and Location
- Comprising of a base salary of between £70,000 - £80,000 depending on experience and a combination of personal and company bonuses of up to £13,000 per year, which enables all our people to share in the success of the business. Bonuses are reliably paid every six months
- 25 days annual leave increasing by one day for every full year of service to a maximum of 30 days
- A quarterly ‘Escape’ for 24 hours, for social, team building and corporate social responsibility activities, with a longer 4-day event held annually
- The ability to buy or sell up to five days of annual leave per year
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Group Personal Pension Scheme
- A range of discounted lifestyle and well-being benefits through Perkbox
To support your application, we would like you to answer and send in the following questions with your application.
- Why do you want to join our team at Moorhouse?
- What motivates you to do your best work?
- What skills and new perspectives will you bring to our team?
Our offices are based near Liverpool Street Station and although we operate in a hybrid working environment, the successful candidate would be expected to be in the office 2-3 days a week, and on occasion more often.
This role will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate has been found so early application is advised.
Moorhouse is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and our values underpin a working environment that is inclusive for all those who work for us. We encourage people to bring their whole selves to work, contribute ideas, take initiative and be responsible for their impact on others internally and externally.
We are committed to searching for and recruiting the best qualified candidates, placing merit and competence at the core of recruitment decisions. If you would like to find out more, please visit our website; www.moorhouseconsulting.com.