Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Evans Taylor
- Home Based / Dartford / Hybrid
- c£150k to c £180k plus STIP, LTIP and benefits
- 06 Mar 2023
- 03 Apr 2023
- Job Title
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Home-Based / Dartford / Hybrid Working
c£150k to c £180k plus STIP, LTIP and benefits
A privately owned entrepreneurial and cash-generative organisation, our client is a business synonymous with the best in the industry. A market leader and innovator, they are a designer, importer and supplier of premium bathroom and sanitaryware across multiple brands and channels this dynamic organisation has a reputation for product excellence and vision, together with an absolute commitment to the customer.
Ambitious with tremendous opportunities to now exploit, these are exciting times for the organisation. They continue to grow market share and business performance can only be described as outstanding, with revenues exceeding £100m, yet this business will not rest on its laurels. They have a clear strategic plan, are highly regarded in the industry and are investing heavily in new products, designs and technologies aimed to penetrate markets and enhance profitability. As such, we are looking to appoint a Chief Financial Officer to this significant and high-impact role, where you can operate as a change agent in an organisation poised for significant ongoing growth.
- This is a substantial leadership and change management role, where you must be able to lead the finance function in a highly commercial environment at a time of major change.
- As a key member of the executive team and board, this is a hands-on influential position with both an operational and strategic bias, and this appointment is seen as fundamental in driving the achievement of top-line business objectives.
- Operating in close alignment and as a confidante to the CEO, this role goes way beyond the numbers. The requirement is to raise the bar and influence the direction of the business, whilst providing a best-in-class service for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Leading digital transformation, getting data directly into the hands of our business users, thereby allowing for timely and more insightful decision-making, will be a key focus area. Digital tools enabling business model optimisation and smarter ways of working.
- You will channel all reporting and analysis activities and operate as the voice of Finance on the Board and will be required to drive improvement in financial and operational performance to include management of costs, income generation, capital spending and growth investments including M&A.
- Your time will be spent between the organisation’s HQ in Dartford, as well as operating in a hybrid/home working capacity, where you will be responsible for the full business planning cycle to drive growth levers, ensure robust cost control and forecasting is in place, providing a constant steer to shift the culture where value/cost control is second nature.
- Your brief will be wide ranging where you will have full accountability for all finance activities across the business and be required to create initiatives which guide and support other key business functions.
- You will develop and champion effective change management initiatives for the organisation in order to drive sustainable business improvements in an organisation where year on year growth is a given.
- This unique position demands an exceptional Finance Professional who enjoys a growth agenda and a highly visible role, whilst developing their career within a market leading organisation.
- Appropriately qualified (ACCA/ACA/CIMA), the successful candidate will have a proven track record of innovation and contribution to profit improvement, in an environment where hiding places simply do not exist.
- With an outstanding track record of delivering best practice financial management, your experience is most likely to have been gained in a dynamic manufacturing/outsourced manufacturing, distribution or sourcing organisation, where you will have outstanding knowledge of a range of channels to market i.e. B2B, direct to consumer, online, distribution, retail etc.
- You will preferably have experience in driving performance in private or PE backed businesses, with experience in M&A, investor relationship management and having helped take a business through an exit process.
- You will be an experienced practitioner of digital transformation, with hands-on leadership of business transformation through the implementation of digital tools, to realise data-led decision-making and measurable performance benefits.
- Brave, proactive and resilient, you will have a deep understanding of finance transformation and change management and you will relish the opportunity to advance your career in a market-leading organisation who have tremendous ambition.
- Dynamic, progressive and influential, you will have outstanding commercial acumen, the passion and stature to influence those around you and will be the type of person who can introduce far-reaching initiatives in order to drive the business to unprecedented levels of performance.
Interested? Please apply with full CV and current salary details. Candidates who fail to respond in this manner cannot be considered. Quote reference number 15/339.
Due to volume of applications, we regret that we are unable to respond to every applicant personally hence if you do not receive a response within a 3-week period then unfortunately we will not be progressing your application further on this occasion.