Assistant Project Accountant
- BAE Systems
- Samlesbury - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
- £39,316+ (doe & skills) competitive pension, share incentive plan, enhanced annual leave
- 08 Mar 2023
- 05 Apr 2023
- Ellen Dyer
- Job Title
- Assistant Accountant
- Manufacturing / Engineering, Technology
- Experience Levels
- Part Qualified
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Job title: Assistant Project Accountant
Location: Samlesbury - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
Salary: £39,316+ (dependent on skills and experience)
What you'll be doing:
- Support with the generation and analysis of monthly cash forecast
- Monthly forecasting of deliveries in support of cost of production, and sales forecast
- Support preparation of the annual budget input
- Support the preparation of quarterly financial hedge reviews
- Provide information and support to Senior Management as required
- Maintain and improve the control environment in accordance with the Finance Policies Manual and Financial Control Framework
Your skills and experiences:
- Proficient in Microsoft skills especially with excel
- Good communication skills & confident when dealing with internal and external customers
- Proactive approach to work
- Studying for professional qualification e. AAT, CIMA, ACCA, ACA
- Willingness to support the team as a whole especially during peak periods
- Ability to meet deadlines whilst maintaining high degree of accuracy
You'll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You'll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts - you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Procurement team:
Would you like to play a key role in supporting our Finance Team and exposure to US Programmes? We currently have a vacancy for an Assistant Project Accountant at our site in Samlesbury
As an Assistant Project Accountant, you will be reporting to the Senior Project Accountant covering project accounting areas such as Control Account Management Support, monthly forecasting of bought out spend, budget preparation, financial hedge validation and reporting requirements as well as support to the Finance teams on day-to-day issues.
This role will provide you with a great opportunity to develop your skills further and take ownership of key tasks
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you'll be able to make a real difference. You'll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you'll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments."
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.