Senior Financial Accountant
- BAE Systems
- Glascoed, Pontypool - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
- c.£43k DOE, competitive pension, share incentive scheme, enhanced leave allowance
- 08 Mar 2023
- 05 Apr 2023
- Frances Clohessy
- Job Title
- Financial Accountant
- Manufacturing / Engineering, Technology
- Experience Levels
- Qualified Accountant
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Job title: Senior Financial Accountant
Location: Glascoed. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: c.£43k depending on experience
What you'll be doing:
- Review of UK and foreign VAT returns for BAE
- Provide VAT advice to BAE Systems Business Units which will involve Stakeholder management
- Review/submission of Construction Industry Scheme Tax (CIS) returns
- Mentoring and development of Assistant Accountants
- Ongoing development of Standardisation and Continuous Process Improvement
Your skills and experiences:
- ACCA/CIMA qualified, or significant experience in a VAT-related role
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a Finance team
- Working knowledge of UK VAT rules
- Strong IT skills, particularly in the use of Excel
- Flexibility with an appetite for change
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Great attention to detail
You'll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You'll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts - you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Record to Report team:
Financial Accounting is the perfect opportunity to develop, grow and stretch your skills and knowledge across BAE at a time when our values and purpose to protect those who protect us are more important than ever. We will provide you with the opportunity to develop your career in a highly visible and function, which supports ongoing career development across the wider group.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you'll be able to make a real difference. You'll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you'll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments."
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.