Financial Accounting Analyst
Whitley, Yorkshire - Hybrid working
Permanent, Full time
We are recruiting for a Financial Accounting Analyst, reporting into our Financial Accounting Manager to join our Financial Shared Services team.
What will you be doing in this role?
As the Financial Accounting Analyst at Tunstall Healthcare, you will be providing support across our Financial Shared Services (FSS) team, including to our accounting and financial reporting teams. You
will support on the statutory reporting process for all our UK legal entities and make sure all processes and procedures are performed in line with agreed FSS process and standard operating procedures (SOP).
The Ideal candidate:
You will be studying towards an accounting qualification (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) or have a relevant degree or qualified experience. You will have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, able to work to tight timescales. A proactive approach, high attention to detail, and advanced Excel (pivot tables, complex formula, data models, ideally macros) skills is vital to the success of this role.
Key skills and experience:
- You will be studying ACA/ACCA/CIMA or have a relevant finance degree or equivalent qualified experience,
- Advance excel user (pivot tables, complex formula, data models, ideally macros),
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills,
- An ability to work to tight timescales and manage your own workload effectively,
- Be a good problem solver with a high attention to detail,
- A customer focused approach to work,
- Able to work well independently and as part of a team,
- Proactive in your approach, continuously looking to improve systems, processes, and procedures.
If you are not sure if you have the relevant skills or experience, then please apply (only takes a few minutes) and let our team review and come back to you.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary,
- Hybrid working,
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays,
- Holiday purchase scheme,
- Contributory pension,
- Paid volunteer day to support a cause you are passionate about,
- Car benefit scheme,
- Health cash plan,
- Dedicated 24/7 employee benefits platform ‘Verlingue’ that include things like: free eye tests, a cycle to work scheme, retail discounts,
- EAP WeCare service - including a 24/7 online GP and mental health counselling service,
- Subsidised on-site canteen,
- Free car parking,
- A warm and welcoming team environment,
- Development and a chance to build a rewarding career.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the accounting accuracy and integrity for a number of Revenue streams,
- Ensuring compliance and integrity of procedures, controls, and balance sheet reconciliations,
- Working across the Financial Shared Service team to ensure documentation of processes and procedures to secure ongoing control and compliance,
- Working with the Financial Shared Service team to produce the quarterly balance sheet and cash flow forecast, together with variance analysis,
- Support the UK Financial Audit and liaise with the auditors with queries/Information requests,
- Ensure monthly management and annual statutory reporting is accurate and delivered in line with reporting deadlines,
- Ensure balance sheet reconciliations are completed with risks/opportunities identified in line with reporting deadlines,
- Review monthly financial results with stakeholders, ensuring all issues are documented and appropriate actions agreed,
- Support the budgeting and forecasting process for all entities within UK Financial Shared Services,
- Process reengineering to continuously look to drive efficiencies.
A bit about us:
Tunstall is a market-leading health and care technology provider.
We’re passionate about ensuring our team reflects the brilliant and unique qualities of the people and communities we support. Our incredible team of more than 3,000 colleagues provides lifesaving
and life changing technology and services to millions of people in 18 different countries.
At Tunstall you’ll find a place where you’re valued and celebrated for being yourself. We empower our people to deliver the very best teamwork, innovation and thought leadership by creating an environment where we champion diversity and inclusion. We demonstrate our commitment to diversity and inclusion at each step. From our open, fair, and transparent recruitment processes, through to the many development and career growth opportunities we provide.
Each Tunstall colleague has a superpower… they’re unique. No one else is them, and we think that’s special. Come and join our mission and be part of our team, our One Tunstall team.