Head of Financial Planning & Development
Hays Senior Finance are delighted to be partnering with South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust to recruit a key leadership role within their accredited finance function
South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (SWYPFT) provides community, mental health and learning disability services to over 1 million people across Barnsley, Calderdale, Kirklees and Wakefield. They work closely in partnership with other NHS organisations and the Trust works closely with the West Yorkshire and South Yorkshire Integrated Care Systems. Their team of caring, compassionate and values driven staff work together to provide community, mental health and learning disability services making a real difference to the thousands of lives they touch each year.
SWYPFT are a flexible, employee focused Trust who encourage a healthy work/life balance and will consider part-time and flexible working opportunities for all their positions. They offer a competitive salary and excellent wider benefits package alongside a wide range of wellbeing support for all employees. They are an inclusive employer who encourage and welcome applications from individuals of all background and healthcare needs.
Reporting to the Deputy Director of Finance, this is a key senior and influential role within the finance team and Trust. The Head of Financial Planning & Development leads on all aspects of Trust financial planning including development, delivery, interpretation of financial performance, leading on the development of the Trust annual plan and strategic direction and provision of high-quality financial analysis to support the Trust’s financial sustainability plan. Your role will work closely with a number of internal and external stakeholders including working extensively with 2 Integrated Care Systems offering the opportunity to build a wide network of contacts and develop key relationships.
- You will be first and foremost a kind, caring and compassionate individual who embodies the essential values of the Trust. You put the person first and, in the centre, and your know that families and carers matter. You are respectful, honest, open and transparent. You seek to improve and to be outstanding. You’re relevant today and ready for tomorrow.
- Applicants will be highly motivated CCAB or CIMA qualified accountants, with experience of working in finance. Applicants may not be currently working in the NHS but must share our vision and values to make a positive impact for our service users.
- Due to the complexities of the information that you will be dealing with, it is essential you have the capabilities to understand, interpret and convey financial concepts clearly and persuasively to finance and non-finance colleagues.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written will be essential.
- 35 to 41 days annual leave pro rata (includes bank holidays)
- NHS pension scheme - One of the most comprehensive and generous pension schemes
- A range of flexible working options
- Annual staff Excellence Awards and long service awards
- Occupational health and wellbeing service - Health checks, fast track physio service, counselling service, annual flu jab and health and wellbeing promotions
- Annual appraisal, access to a range of learning and development opportunities including mentoring and coaching
- Generous maternity, paternity, adoption and annual leave provision
- Total reward statement - A personalised statement which outlines the benefits that you receive.
There is also a wider range of opt in benefits including:
Staff lottery, car lease scheme, childcare voucher scheme, LGBT+, race equality and cultural heritage (REACH), disability and carers networks available to join, maternity, paternity, adoption support, Carers support, home electronics scheme, car parking scheme, cycle scheme. buying and selling annual leave, shopping discounts and offers, retail, eating out, home and garden, motoring, health and beauty, and entertainment, childcare support including childcare teams, nurseries and out of school term child care clubs, staff saving scheme, credit union saving schemes
If you would like more information on joining this fantastic organisation then please get in touch with Hays Senior Finance our exclusive recruitment partner. All third-party applications will be passed to Hays Senior Finance.
- Closing date: Monday 2nd October 2023 9am
- Preliminary interviews 5th & 6th October 2023 (remote)
- Panel interviews 12th/ 13th October 2023 (in person in Wakefield)