This is an Assistant Accountant position for a financial services firm, who look after both real estate and private equity clients.
Prior Financial Services experience is preferred
This is a great role for someone looking to lay the foundations of their accounting career, as you will get an all rounded skill set, including preparing management accounts.
It is also a great stepping stone into the financial services market, as they have a clear progression structure, whereby you could be promoted to assistant fund accountant in 18 months!
The successful candidate will have access to study support straight away to become ACCA / CIMA qualified.
Responsibility of assistant accountant:
- Preparing complete management accounts with supporting documentation
- Preparing key calculations such as loan interest, management fees and deferred transactions
- Preparing and posting journals for all accounting transactions in to the SUN accounting software
- Preparing bank reconciliations
- Preparing quarterly investor reports
- Preparing draft financial statement documents
- Preparing the VAT returns
- Preparing investor, notices and calculations for capital calls, partnership capital accounts and distributions
- Preparing responses to investor queries
- Learn and process drawdown and distribution notices
- Carry out AML and Client Due Diligence checks
- Where applicable, leadership and training for newer members of staff and Trainee Accountants
Technical Knowledge / Skills required
- 2:1 in a relevant University degree OR AAT qualified
- Between 1-4 years relevant experience (ideally in Financial Services)
- Have started OR looking to start ACCA or CIMA
- Can perform tasks, calculations and communicate clearly in excel, word and other professional packages